NEW FEATURES IN PIPENET Vision® 1.7
PIPENET Vision® 1.7 represents the next step in the PIPENET Vision family, bringing in all-new calculation capabilities along with other feature enhancements.
PIPENET Vision® 1.7.1
Enhanced Report Generator
PIPENET Spray/Sprinkler NFPA Report Generator has been enhanced following the release of the 2013 edition of the NFPA 13 rules.
Safety valve These are used to protect the system from pressure surges. The valve consists of a plug situated ahead of a spring or similar device. When the pressure on the plug increases above a specified set pressure, the valve opens until the flow pressure reaches the valve’s fully open pressure.
Built-in Standard Valves
This is a new way of working with PIPENET’S operating valve in the Transient module, making the modelling of many common types of valve considerably easier. The range of built-in valve models has been enhanced to provide powerful facilities. With earlier versions of PIPENET Transient module, it was necessary for the user to input the valve characteristics themselves. This new feature makes that unnecessary.
Angle Valve: This is common in the oil/gas, power and shipbuilding industries, consisting of a controlled valve door around a 90 degree bend.
Ball Valve: Consisting of a rotary valve ball, this valve is also commonly used in many industries.
Butterfly Valve: Consisting of a rotating disc, either flat or lenticular in nature, used in applications which require bi-direction tight shut-off.
Diaphragm Valve: These consist of a rubber or plastic membrane which is pushed down to shut off flow in many process systems.
Gate Valve: These have a planar sealing surface between the valve gate and the valve seats, used when a straight line flow is required with minimum restriction.
Globe Valve: Typically used in pipelines, these consist of two halves of a valve body, separated by an internal baffle, where a plug closes in between the baffle.
Y-Type Valve: Similar to globe valves, but instead of using an internal baffle, the gate mechanism is located at an angle to the flow, allowing frequent operation with less restriction on the flow.
Improved Transient Nozzle
The Transient Nozzle model has been improved, with the ability to be set as “on” or “off”, as opposed to simply having a zero flowrate requirement. This allows for the better transient modelling of sprinkler systems.
Standard General Pressure Loss Component
PIPENET Standard module now contains a model for the General Pressure Loss Component, which can be used to model various components which have a pressure drop correlated with flowrate.
Atmospheric Heat Transfer in Standard Module
PIPENET’S heat transfer capability has been given a whole new dimension. Allowing heat transfer to the atmosphere for water along pipes, taking into account not only the geometry and ambient conditions of the pipes, but also the pipe material and any insulation that may be present.
PIPENET Vision® 1.7.2
PIPENET Vision 1.7.2 is a service pack enhancing the Spray/Sprinkler NFPA report. It includes:
Clarification of user inputs – The calculation options dialog in the Spray module has been clarified for the benefits of the user. It is now explicitly obvious where static pressure and residual pressure are to be entered or if two residual pressure points are to be used.
Outside Hose Reel Allowance – PIPENET now allows for entry of outside hose reel allowance, which is taken into account when calculating the demand and is included on the NFPA Q185 Hydraulic Graph.
Tabular Values in the report have been clarified.
Node at Source
Static Pressure (psi G)
Residual Pressure(psi G)
Total Demand including hose reel allowance(US.gal/min)
Outside Hose Reel Allowance(US.gal/min)
Required Pressure(psi G)
Available Pressure (psi G)
Automated PIPENET schematic – The PIPENET Schematic is now automatically inserted into the NFPA Report, for ease of use.
PIPENET Leading The Way In Fluid Flow Analysis
PIPENET has led the way in fluid flow analysis for 26 years. Revolutionary PIPENET Vision® is an outstanding development putting the latest technology at your finger tips and giving you the reliability of results you demand.PIPENET is easy to use. You can have as much information or as little as you want on your screen. PIPENET is developed by engineers for engineers.
PIPENET features include:
- Powerful spreadsheet view of component attributes and results. Data and results can be copied from the data window to an Excel (or other) spreadsheet
- Direct editing of component attributes in Properties window or spreadsheet view. Pump, filter and nozzle curves displayed in properties window
- Inimitable ability to import graphical underlays (AutoCAD .DXF files and Windows metafiles). Networks can be drawn on top of plot plans. Networks may also be output in HP-GL2 format.
- Vivid colouring of pipes, ducts and other items according to value of an attribute or a result
- Stunning new schematic overview. Networks can be rapidly scanned using zoom and pan
- Useful merger of library data into a single library file (.SLF)
- Instant highlighting of loops in a network where there is a height check error
- New improved checking control – double-clicking on an error in the check window highlights the component in error. New facilities to aid in locating elevation errors.
- Ability to plot elevation profiles
- Sought after unlimited Undo/Redo facilities
- Comprehensive tool tips in the schematic window.